The creator of #tableof18- a monthly networking dinner, host of A Seat at The Table Podcast with Sabeina Harris, and Inspire U Fest. She also recently launched a crowdfunding platform for minority owned businesses called Inspire U Media. She got her footing doing digital marketing for real estate investment firms.
Being raised by her grandparents who taught her how to value money for the future, gave Sabeina the tools to how to save and manage finances.
Starting a business right out college allowed her hit the ground running. Having an audience literally at your fingertips and sitting next to you everyday is what we all dream of right?! If you don't know who your audience is, we can help.
There are some things in your life that you can't change (naturally anyway) and that is skin color and gender. Industries have their "standards" of who should "belong" and who shouldn't. A representation of what a service stands for is all the rage nowadays. Keep in mind that you will always have to fight harder than someone who does not look or sound like you. Explore these industries, who do you see?
Life is a series of events with pathways you cannot predict. Either way you choose, you are learning from the good and the bad.
7 Highlights from Sebeina
- You have to set your face on what you vision yourself doing and go that way. You can't just think it and not face that direction in life mind and body literally have to agree. You have to build a relationship with those who support you and those who don't know you yet. It is better to go knock on doors and waiting for someone to always show up at yours!
- Death will wake you up. After Harris' grandfather passed away, it woke her up the fact that she was not living every moment. Life is short. Her grandfather told her that if he were to die today, he had no regrets, that he did everything he wanted to do. Have you? If not, start checking off your bucket list, or start writing your list.
- No one can stop you. You are responsible for your own happiness.
- Do things that are do-able, set yourself up for success. If you can only get 2 things done that day, that is ok- it is better than 0 and the world didn't end. Get ahead of things while you have time. Your future self will thank you
- find your passion and pivot, you have time to figure things out and adjust. If it is something that you will do for free, then that is your passion. Simple. Focus on that which is easiest to focus on (which should come naturally) Take your time to work through the learning process of making it a business and don't be afraid to make changes.
- Stop looking at what others are doing. Don't focus on the next man, you are taking away attention from your actions and goals. Stay in your lane and you will get down it faster.
- TALK AND WORK, SHARE AND WORK, REPEAT
Jennifer Allen with Just elope is one of Sabeina's favorite entrepreneurs because she does it with her family. Take an idea and don't be stingy with it. Grow it for not just yourself.
You are constantly learning
5 Questions you may be asking yourself:
What brings you the most gratification?
Something that you think of and would do everyday without blinking.
What is the basic meaning of marketing?
A way to to spread the word about you business.
What are the 5 marketing concepts?
Production, product, selling, marketing and social marketing.
What do people in marketing do?
People in marketing grow audeinces, expand attention to a brand and engage with consumers.
What are the 4 types of marketing?
Demographic, psychographic, behavioral and geographic